Have a favorite coffee shop that serves #oatmilk or a go-to #datespot? You can now share the places you love and why you love them with hashtags on Google Maps.
Live on Android and coming soon to iOS, hashtags are an easy way to tell others about your exciting experiences and find similar ones in your area, whether you’re doing a general search for #familyfriendly places or just need to share all the ways to experience #pumpkinspice this fall (or seasonal treats popular near you).
Here are some tips to get you started:
1. Use specific hashtags that you’d want to search
Hashtags like #love, #food, or #favorite may be too vague to help people find what they’re looking for. Here are some interesting hashtag ideas to use instead:
- All your favorite places: #LetsGuide
- Restaurants, bars, cafes: #vegetarian #oatmilk #fallcocktails
- Attractions: #streetart #rainydays #selfiespot
- Outdoors: #sunsetviews #lakeside #leafpeeping
- Accessibility: #wheelchairaccessible #audiomenu #stepfree
2. Include up to five hashtags
If you want to include multiple hashtags, we recommend keeping it to five. Add them to the end of your reviews to make the text easier to read.
3. Add hashtags to past reviews
You can go back and add hashtags to your past reviews and photo captions so more people will find them.
What hashtags are you excited to start using? Tell us in the comments below!
I am expert in ORM and Creative Local SEO. I am delivering Reputation Marketing and Local SEO services to the Medical, Lawyers, Doctors, Movers, Restaurants, Car Dealer, Hotel & Home Services based business industry. I can help you build your online presence.