Movers Company Reputation Marketing and Sales Tips
In this moving company advertising & Reputation marketing guide, I’m going to show you several online methods to implement for your moving company, then explain how they can work together to create a strong marketing plan for your moving company.
Your website is the foundation of your online Reputation marketing & advertising efforts. Whether you’re marketing through SEO, Paid Advertising, Email Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Mailers etc. the purpose is to drive targeted traffic to your website to convert visitors into moving leads.
Here’s what your moving company website should have:
- Clear Call to Action – People need movers, often times ASAP, so displaying a clear call to action (Quote Form/QF Button and Phone Number) makes it easy for them and easy for you to increase your moving leads.
- Pictures & Videos of Your Moving Company – Visual media provides visitors a representation on what moving day might be like and who might be in their home, handling all of their life’s possessions.
- Customer Reviews – Reviews assure people about the quality of your moving services. Display these reviews throughout your website and keep them updated.
- Awards, Accreditations, Badges, Memberships etc. – These small pieces of content sometimes give the prospect that last final nudge and reassurance that your moving company is the one they should be using.
- Search Engine Optimization – Most people simply search Google for moving companies in their area. Being organically ranked at the top will land you many moving leads without paying for anything.
- Retargeting – Explained next.
Retargeting (w/ Google & Facebook)
The moving business & retargeting are a perfect match for each other, here’s why:
The relocation process, from selling a home to moving into a new one, can last several months. If you have retargeting set up on your website, your moving company will remain seen throughout a prospect’s entire process, beginning to end.
Many movers overlook retargeting, which gives you a competitive marketing edge over your competition.
What Exactly is Retargeting?
You’ve probably seen this before – you were on a website shopping for something, then for the next couple days you began seeing ads everywhere for what you were previously shopping for. This is retargeting.
Focus on Pay for Performance Advertising
During these slower months try expanding any pay for performance advertising. This is a total win because you only pay for people who click through to your website. Examples of this form of advertising are platforms like Google AdWords or Yelp.
Getting listed means adding your business listing to popular directories & review sites like Google MyBusiness, Yelp, YP.com, Merchant Circle, Kudzu, CitySearch etc. Make sure to create high-quality listings that display consistent and accurate information.
Not only does getting listed on these business directories and review websites increase your chances of being seen within those directories, it is also important for Local SEO.
Resources For Getting Listed
- From Moz: How To Set Up Your Local Business Listings
- List of Business Directories To Add Your Listing
- From Google: How To Improve Your Local Ranking On Google
Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing can be a bit of a monster if you’re not familiar with it. The first, most basic thing you should do is set up your accounts with all of your information & pictures. Be sure to keep your brand image consistent throughout all of your accounts.
If you’re starting out and don’t yet have a following, running paid advertising campaigns on Facebook targeting real estate agents, and people who will be moving in your service area is a good start. Be sure to set this up with a budget and run it consistently for a few months and track your results. (don’t just try it once and quit).
- Remember, any traffic to your website should trigger your retargeting. Social media is a good way to find people who are in the relocation process and target them to land on your website.
Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is no walk in the park. But, if it’s set up properly, being found in search engines can account for most of your business.
You can either do SEO yourself or hire a company to do it. If you’re going to hire a company, my best advice would be to learn about it as much as possible first, then pick the best SEO company for you.
Research your SEO company thoroughly and make sure they know what they’re talking about. There are many SEO companies who will charge thousands of dollars every month and get you nowhere. If you can find one that specializes in moving companies or local services (who need rank for multiple city based searches), even better.
I’m not going to go into too much detail about SEO because then I’ll go on forever. But SEO it’s definitely necessary for your moving company advertising & marketing plan. Here are a few things to have for your website, then I’ve included a link to a great resource to understand the basics.